Health, Harmony & Beauty in 2011
Tammy Fender Health, Harmony & Beauty in 2011
The beginning of a new year is symbolic in many ways – it marks a time of inner reflection, a focused awareness on what you want to manifest in your life – forming intentions that will create lasting change.
How will you maintain a connection to your deepest sense of divine inner guidance? Listen. Pause. Be Present with all things and immerse yourself in the clarity of heart & mind that is always there – allow each moment to be a reflection of your highest self. This focused attention should not be reserved for the beginning of a new year, rather embrace it in each moment, and realize that with every breathe we begin anew.
Following the path….
- I start each day with an intentional pause & gratitude, followed by my personal mantra (an affirmation to bring about change & enhance your spiritual growth and well-being) to set my daily intention. It is important to create a mantra that is specific to your life, an example might be – “I am healthy, joyful and open to the abundance of positive events life offers to me.”
- I am mindful of my thoughts throughout the day, understanding how they directly shape my life. I will think positive of myself, others and the world – being joyous and grateful for my life and the lives of others.
- I nourish my body with Living Foods in their most natural state to ensure a diet rich in antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients. I will incorporate juice therapy (one of my favorite cleansing combinations is spinach, cucumber, apple, lemon & ginger) and raw meals as much as possible (I love a quick kale salad with pine nuts, pears & craisins topped with olive oil and lemon).
- I engage in exercise to increase circulation and bring oxygen to the cells – promoting cell renewal that aids in toning the skin and releasing positive endorphins.
- I meditate (while exercising or in the line at the grocery store!) or for 10 minutes in a quiet space, recognizing that health and beauty are cultivated from within.
- I laugh as often as possible – laughter is one of nature’s greatest beautifiers.
- I reduce lifestyle stresses in each day by finding time to slow down, take deep breathes and allow clarity to reveal itself.
- I come from a place of authenticity and love, for myself and all beings everywhere, for that is what brings me peace in each day.