Q: Is there a better way to wash my face?
TAMMY WRITES: Spring is the time to start fresh—so it’s great to go back to basics! Somewhere along the line we started to think that cleansing should happen without pressure. But, in fact, using gentle massage as you apply Cleansing Milk not only cleans skin at the surface, but can help the skin eliminate impurities, increasing circulation, encouraging lymphatic drainage, and relaxing tense muscles. (And, of course, when the muscles are relaxed, it also soothes and smooths the complexion.)
- Use enough creamy cleanser so that your fingertips slide easily over the skin.
- Spend 1-2 minutes applying gentle pressure, running fingers along the browline, from the center to the edges—whatever feels good. Scoop underneath the cheek bones, upwards towards the temples. Circle the eyes, and trace the jawline, from the center of the chin to beneath the earlobe. It should all leave you feeling so peaceful and revived.
- Remove with a warm damp cloth.
- If you’re in need of deeper cleansing, you can follow with Epi-Peel, used either as an on-the-fly scrub, or as a treatment mask that you leave on for 10 minutes. Either way, take a moment to enjoy the bright, fresh aroma of this blend, crafted with Far West Native Spearmint and Moroccan Rosemary.
- To end with an invigorating touch, remove the mask with a moist cloth soaked in water that’s been infused with 1 to 2 drops of essence of Rosemary or essence of Lemon. This clay-based treatment whisks away dullness, and can be used up to 3 times a week—all season long—revealing a glowing freshness.